Re: [foxboro] FBM230 and DH+

  • From: Donato Azevedo <donatoaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:46:42 -0300

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Johnson, Alex P (IOM)
<Alex.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To my knowledge, the KF adapter is required to (among other things) adapt to
> the very different physical layer of the AB network.
>
> Since the FDSI FBM 230 supports only serial links something is needed to
> bridge the gap.
>
> What's the issue with using the adapter?

There isn't really an issue (I actually already have them). But I was
told by a co-worker that foxboro released as an update a change that
would allow an FBM230 to be integrated without the need for the KF2.
He also told me that there are no *significant* differences between
the physical layers. But I suppose he could be wrong.

I'll do some more research on this...

--
Donato Azevedo