Re: [foxboro] FBM230 and DH+

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:40:12 -0500

Not only that, I think the KF2 (and its ilk, like the 1785-KE) handle the
token-passing and message processing on the DH+ side.  It's really a
pretty intelligent box.

I was casually listening in on a conversation regarding a FBM230 A-B
interface on a migration to CP270s, and apparently now you have to build a
child ECB for the CAM (KF2), too.  Upside I guess is that you can poll the
statistics data in the CAM for troubleshooting, trending, etc.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corp.

"Johnson, Alex P (IOM)" <Alex.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/26/2010 03:39 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] FBM230 and DH+

To my knowledge, the KF adapter is required to (among other things) adapt
to the very different physical layer of the AB network.

Since the FDSI FBM 230 supports only serial links something is needed to
bridge the gap.

What's the issue with using the adapter?

Invensys Operations Management
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041
+1 713 329 8472 (desk)