[focusonrhabdo-steering-committee] Re: Repost - Moved to New List

  • From: Alan Ehrlich <arehrlich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: focusonrhabdo-steering-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:24:51 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks Joann.  I appreciate your comments. ...Alan Alan R. Ehrlich President,
The Center for Listening Disorders Research - A NJ Non-Profit Corp
www.listeningdisorders.org 609-619-0039 or 818-554-6480
-------------------------------------------- Immediate Past President,
International Listening Association Join the International Listening
Association - www.listen.org ---------------------------------------------
Member, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
--------------------------------------------- Hearing is about sounds...
Listening is about understanding.  Learn to Listen. Sent from my IQTELL Virtual
Workspace From: jcalla4977@xxxxxxx Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 05:35 AM To:
focusonrhabdo-steering-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[focusonrhabdo-steering-committee] Re: Repost - Moved to New List   Hi, Alan
and everyone else!   1.  Steering Committee 2.  I agree with the two-year
terms. 3.  As requested, I will work on the Fundraising efforts.  However, the
Bio-Specimen also intrigues me and I would like to be involved in that, also.
Thanks, Joann     -----Original Message----- From: Alan Ehrlich
<arehrlich@xxxxxxxxx> To: focusonrhabdo-steering-committee
<focusonrhabdo-steering-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sun, Feb 16, 2014 11:33
am Subject: [focusonrhabdo-steering-committee] Repost - Moved to New List I've
moved this over to the new Steering-Committee list for discussion. Team,  Sorry
to take so long to get this to you. Between rebuilding the website and the
webinar, it has been a busy time. And, I broke one of my long-standing rules -
don't take notes while hosting a meeting.  Just doesn't work. So, if someone
would volunteer... :)  Notes and Thoughts   Structure, Name and Terms   There
seemed to be two names and structures that gained traction at our meeting.  The
first is being called a board, with the standard array of positions
(president/chair; vice president and so on. Additional people would be part of
a committee structure working 'under' the board.  The second was Steering
Committee with an Executive Board/Committee with the same positions.  There was
agreement that terms should not be short and most of us spoke to the idea of
not having to leave, but rather move positions while allowing for others - new
blood - to come in.  Both of these are very similar.  The Steering Committee
concept might be a little more flexible in allowing new members (spouses and
others) to join and participate, but the choice is for the group to make.
Question #1 - Do we want to be called a Board or a Steering Committee?  We'll
tally the votes as they arrive. Question #2 - Do we agree on the length of
service being as long as we feel we want to commit, and that we would
change/rotate positions - allowing for new blood - every two years (unless, of
course, we want to resign a position).  Yes, No, Comments.... Question #3 - Who
wants to volunteer for a leadership (Executive Committee) position?  Which one?
Committees   We discussed a number of committees beginning with Fund Raising
and Public Relations.  We added Bio-Specimen Donation Committee and Education
Committee.  Todd volunteered to chair the Bio-Specimen Committee and Vanessa
indicated that she wanted to be on (chair?) the Education Committee.  It is
important that we put together the fund raising committee and see if we can
form a consortium of small foundations that will not only contribute to the
projects that we, along with our advisory board, lay out, but are also willing
to have funds directed to them and hold them for these projects.  As always,
your thoughts and comments are both needed and desired.  Thanks for everything.