[focusonrhabdo-steering-committee] Repost - Moved to New List

  • From: Alan Ehrlich <arehrlich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: focusonrhabdo-steering-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 16:33:27 +0000 (UTC)

I've moved this over to the new Steering-Committee list for discussion. Team,
Sorry to take so long to get this to you. Between rebuilding the website and
the webinar, it has been a busy time. And, I broke one of my long-standing
rules - don't take notes while hosting a meeting.  Just doesn't work. So, if
someone would volunteer... :)  Notes and Thoughts  Structure, Name and Terms
There seemed to be two names and structures that gained traction at our
meeting.  The first is being called a board, with the standard array of
positions (president/chair; vice president and so on. Additional people would
be part of a committee structure working 'under' the board.  The second was
Steering Committee with an Executive Board/Committee with the same positions.
There was agreement that terms should not be short and most of us spoke to the
idea of not having to leave, but rather move positions while allowing for
others - new blood - to come in.  Both of these are very similar.  The Steering
Committee concept might be a little more flexible in allowing new members
(spouses and others) to join and participate, but the choice is for the group
to make.  Question #1 - Do we want to be called a Board or a Steering
Committee?  We'll tally the votes as they arrive. Question #2 - Do we agree on
the length of service being as long as we feel we want to commit, and that we
would change/rotate positions - allowing for new blood - every two years
(unless, of course, we want to resign a position).  Yes, No, Comments....
Question #3 - Who wants to volunteer for a leadership (Executive Committee)
position?  Which one? Committees  We discussed a number of committees beginning
with Fund Raising and Public Relations.  We added Bio-Specimen Donation
Committee and Education Committee.  Todd volunteered to chair the Bio-Specimen
Committee and Vanessa indicated that she wanted to be on (chair?) the Education
Committee.  It is important that we put together the fund raising committee and
see if we can form a consortium of small foundations that will not only
contribute to the projects that we, along with our advisory board, lay out, but
are also willing to have funds directed to them and hold them for these
projects.  As always, your thoughts and comments are both needed and desired.
Thanks for everything.  ...Alan Alan R. Ehrlich President, The Center for
Listening Disorders Research - A NJ Non-Profit Corp www.listeningdisorders.org
Immediate Past President, International Listening Association Join the
International Listening Association - www.listen.org
--------------------------------------------- Member, New Jersey Association of
Professional Mediators --------------------------------------------- Hearing is
about sounds... Listening is about understanding.  Learn to Listen. Sent from
my IQTELL Virtual Workspace