[focusonrhabdo-steering-committee] Re: Repost - Moved to New List

  • From: Alan Ehrlich <arehrlich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: focusonrhabdo-steering-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 16:59:59 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks Vanessa.  Thanks Jackie.  I appreciate your thoughts.  Keep them coming.
...Alan Alan R. Ehrlich President, The Center for Listening Disorders Research
- A NJ Non-Profit Corp www.listeningdisorders.org 609-619-0039 or 818-554-6480
-------------------------------------------- Immediate Past President,
International Listening Association Join the International Listening
Association - www.listen.org ---------------------------------------------
Member, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
--------------------------------------------- Hearing is about sounds...
Listening is about understanding.  Learn to Listen. Sent from my IQTELL Virtual
Workspace From: Vanessa Brewer (brewclanfive@xxxxxxx) Sent: Sunday, February
16, 2014 11:51 AM To: focusonrhabdo-steering-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[focusonrhabdo-steering-committee] Re: Repost - Moved to New List   Hi Alan-
Here are my answers for you to tally   #1 Board #2 2 year term but able to take
another position within the organization after that term is up. #3 I would like
to serve as the chair for the education committee   Thank you,   Vanessa  Sent
from my iPhone On Feb 16, 2014, at 8:33 AM, Alan Ehrlich < arehrlich@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:   I've moved this over to the new Steering-Committee list for
discussion. Team,  Sorry to take so long to get this to you. Between rebuilding
the website and the webinar, it has been a busy time. And, I broke one of my
long-standing rules - don't take notes while hosting a meeting.  Just doesn't
work. So, if someone would volunteer... :)  Notes and Thoughts   Structure,
Name and Terms   There seemed to be two names and structures that gained
traction at our meeting.  The first is being called a board, with the standard
array of positions (president/chair; vice president and so on. Additional
people would be part of a committee structure working 'under' the board.  The
second was Steering Committee with an Executive Board/Committee with the same
positions.  There was agreement that terms should not be short and most of us
spoke to the idea of not having to leave, but rather move positions while
allowing for others - new blood - to come in.  Both of these are very similar.
The Steering Committee concept might be a little more flexible in allowing new
members (spouses and others) to join and participate, but the choice is for the
group to make.  Question #1 - Do we want to be called a Board or a Steering
Committee?  We'll tally the votes as they arrive. Question #2 - Do we agree on
the length of service being as long as we feel we want to commit, and that we
would change/rotate positions - allowing for new blood - every two years
(unless, of course, we want to resign a position).  Yes, No, Comments....
Question #3 - Who wants to volunteer for a leadership (Executive Committee)
position?  Which one? Committees   We discussed a number of committees
beginning with Fund Raising and Public Relations.  We added Bio-Specimen
Donation Committee and Education Committee.  Todd volunteered to chair the
Bio-Specimen Committee and Vanessa indicated that she wanted to be on (chair?)
the Education Committee.  It is important that we put together the fund raising
committee and see if we can form a consortium of small foundations that will
not only contribute to the projects that we, along with our advisory board, lay
out, but are also willing to have funds directed to them and hold them for
these projects.  As always, your thoughts and comments are both needed and
desired.  Thanks for everything.  ...Alan Alan R. Ehrlich President, The Center