[focusonrhabdo-steering-committee] Re: Repost - Moved to New List

  • From: Amy Meiners <amy.meiners@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<focusonrhabdo-steering-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <focusonrhabdo-steering-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:25:01 +0000

Hi Alan,

Happy to help out with scribing during the next meeting so you can facilitate.
Answers to your poll:

1. Steering Committee
2. I agree with a two year rotation to allow for fresh perspectives with the
option to remain active in another capacity
3. I am willing to take on the fund raising chair if I can get some support
from other members.

Looking forward to our next meeting.
Amy

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 16, 2014, at 10:59 AM, "Alan Ehrlich"
<arehrlich@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:arehrlich@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Thanks Vanessa.  Thanks Jackie.  I appreciate your thoughts.  Keep them coming.

...Alan

Alan R. Ehrlich
President, The Center for Listening Disorders Research - A NJ Non-Profit Corp
www.listeningdisorders.org<http://www.listeningdisorders.org/>
609-619-0039 or 818-554-6480
Immediate Past President, International Listening Association
Join the International Listening Association -
www.listen.org<http://www.listen.org/>
Member, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
Hearing is about sounds... Listening is about understanding.  Learn to Listen.

Sent from my IQTELL<http://goo.gl/EWViH> Virtual Workspace

________________________________
#1 Board
#2 2 year term but able to take another position within the organization after
that term is up.
#3 I would like to serve as the chair for the education committee

Thank you,

Vanessa

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2014, at 8:33 AM, Alan Ehrlich <
arehrlich@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:arehrlich@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I've moved this over to the new Steering-Committee list for discussion.

Team,

Sorry to take so long to get this to you. Between rebuilding the website and
the webinar, it has been a busy time. And, I broke one of my long-standing
rules - don't take notes while hosting a meeting.  Just doesn't work. So, if
someone would volunteer... :)

Notes and Thoughts

Structure, Name and Terms
There seemed to be two names and structures that gained traction at our
meeting.  The first is being called a board, with the standard array of
positions (president/chair; vice president and so on. Additional people would
be part of a committee structure working 'under' the board.

The second was Steering Committee with an Executive Board/Committee with the
same positions.  There was agreement that terms should not be short and most of
us spoke to the idea of not having to leave, but rather move positions while
allowing for others - new blood - to come in.

Both of these are very similar.  The Steering Committee concept might be a
little more flexible in allowing new members (spouses and others) to join and
participate, but the choice is for the group to make.

  *   Question #1 - Do we want to be called a Board or a Steering Committee?
We'll tally the votes as they arrive.
  *   Question #2 - Do we agree on the length of service being as long as we
feel we want to commit, and that we would change/rotate positions - allowing
for new blood - every two years (unless, of course, we want to resign a
position).  Yes, No, Comments....
  *   Question #3 - Who wants to volunteer for a leadership (Executive
Committee) position?  Which one?

Committees
We discussed a number of committees beginning with Fund Raising and Public
Relations.  We added Bio-Specimen Donation Committee and Education Committee.
Todd volunteered to chair the Bio-Specimen Committee and Vanessa indicated that
she wanted to be on (chair?) the Education Committee.

It is important that we put together the fund raising committee and see if we
can form a consortium of small foundations that will not only contribute to the
projects that we, along with our advisory board, lay out, but are also willing
to have funds directed to them and hold them for these projects.

As always, your thoughts and comments are both needed and desired.

Thanks for everything.