RE: Exchange 2000

  • From: MJ <mjtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:09:45 -0500

I am not trying to discourage you, but you have a lot of work ahead of you
man.

First: remember that the dead server is your first DC, and first exchange,
which means you have to first bring it back online as a DC using the
authoritative restore. So you will have the new hardware, and will load the
OS, and name it the same as the dead one, and then restore the system state.
When you get to this point, come back to the forum, and we'll take it from
there.

That's not easy but you will be able to get it done.

Best of luck