RE: Exchange 2000

  • From: "Cresswell, Charles" <charlesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:00:32 +0100

No it doesnt offend me that you in particular do occasionally tell people
about training courses as you do spend an exceptional amount of time
answering questions and providing useful advice.

The simplicity of the question is not the issue, its the laziness on
formulating the question. Its the 'me too' thing from newsgroups isnt it?
Answering steve at the same time here, yes I have had questions to ask but
they have been specific and ive tried to detail my experiences at the same
time for the benefit of the group. Ive also spent a huge amount of time
reading white papers, which seems to have worked because my last MS training
course was in the 90s on NT3.51!

Finally on communities and community building, the problem with setting no
limits to communities is that they become bloated and unmanageable, and
often pointless. I know what im talking about as amongst some of the things
I have done I worked as a user support operator on QuakeNet, the world's
largest irc network. Incredible talented staff getting incredibly frustrated
by answering the same basic question over and over again. Anyway I'll shut
up now as I certainly have no intention of trying to divide the list :)

as for the spelling steve :p im using OWA and www.owatoolkit.com
<http://www.owatoolkit.com>  has just removed their owa spellchecker product
from the market, which is a damn shame as their signature and mark
read/unread add-on was very good.

Charles Cresswell, IS Manager
020 72130728

The Association of Corporate Treasurers
Ocean House
10/12 Little Trinity Lane
London EC4V 2DJ

tel: +44.(0)20 7213 9728
fax: +44.(0)20 7248 2591
www: http://www.treasurers.org

Notice of Confidentiality
This e-mail (and any attachments) is intended for the named addressee(s)
only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the
named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not
read, copy, use, or disclose it to anyone else. Unauthorised use, copying or
disclosure is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify the sender by telephone
immediately 020 7213 0705 and delete the message from your e-mail system.

The Association of Corporate Treasurers may monitor outgoing and incoming
e-mails and other telecommunications on its e-mail and telecommunications
systems. By replying to this e-mail you give your consent to such
monitoring.
#ACT#