Re: new pre-release available

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:53:13 +0100

Tom,

On 10/12/09, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Liviu, overriding STATIC_THUMBLIB (the default is 1) will only work if you've
> built and installed the customised version of libgimpthumb, available from
> http://emelfm2.net/wiki/OtherDownLoads.

I have some doubts regarding the switch to an in-house hacked version
of libgimpthumb. As with the early days of libgtkspell, this would
render the feature inaccessible to most users, not least because
distro maintainers will probably not ship it. Two questions come to my
mind:
- why the need for these modifications? In my experience, I started
getting these crashes on Debian, but never had such issues on Gentoo.
Could there be something specific to Gentoo that mitigated or fixed
the underlying issues?
- would the patches that you came up with be worth a push upstream? To
rephrase, would they accept them?

Regards
Liviu