Re: new pre-release available

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 06:41:35 +1000

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:34:47 -0400
Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le Fri, 25 Sep 2009 19:23:19 +1000,
> <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:39:40 +1000
> > <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I downloaded revision 1911, and here are my results so far:
> - Control-W binding: fixed, works, no warning.
> - Segfaults: mostly gone. I didn't run an in-depth test session, but I
> haven't suffered a crash at the moment.
> - GTK widget size: when I click on the magnifying glass to toggle the
> output pane with a height of 100%, this is what I get:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 40 and height -9

This has always happened. Similarly when pane 1 or pane 2 is maximised. It
seems that gtk's GtkPaned widget (the movable divider thingie) is not smart
enough to handle the case where the divider is near or at an extreme position.
It's complicated to figure out when to [un]hide specific widget(s), and the
application may not want that anyway. There's no evident consequence from such
allocation attempts, IMHO gtk should not issue the warnings. So I ignored them.

> Otherwise, the behaviour is absolutely fine and exactly as expected; I
> haven't encountered any issues with it.
>
> - Configuration reloaded on change: unreliable. emelFM2 will
> occasionally catch the change and reload itself; sometimes, it won't
> detect anything, and in some cases, emelFM2 will freeze completely (no
> segfault though, Control-C will close it). Although I did not find a
> way to guarantee exact reproduction, the bug seems to happen frequently
> enough and may be repoduced fairly easily.

What sort of change-monitoring are you using i.e. inotify etc or just the
default (polling for mtime change) ?