Re: new pre-release available

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:11:36 +1100

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:47:47 +1100
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've now removed all known glitches from libgimpthumb, and have constructed a
> static version of the revised library for the thumbnails plugin to link to.
> The plugin can still be built to use the updated shared library, and if
> anyone wants to install that, please let me know. A few other changes are
> also logged at http://emelfm2.net/wiki/ChangeLog.

I forgot to mention: the static library almost certainly requires glib >= 2.16.
I should provide (a bigger) one suitable for 2.6. It's just a different
configuration parameter to do so. Also, cached thumbnail data goes into
~/.local/share/thumbnails (as per XDG base dirs spec) instead of ~/.thumbnails
(as per the older FDO thumbnails spec).