Re: new pre-release available

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 09:41:48 +1000

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:12:04 -0400
Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tried to build a DEBUG version of emelFM2; however, emelFM2 will
> freeze very quickly after being started, including items in pane not
> being displayed at all. Typically, I start emelFM2, browser a few
> directories and a freeze will occur. Among several debug messages, this
> one appears frequently:
>
> [DEBUG ] bad attempt to open BGL
>
> Although I cannot guarantee it (I haven't built emelFM2 with DEBUG=1
> for a long time), I remember that 0.6.2 might have been affected by
> this issue as well.

Curious. I build with DEBUG=1 almost every time.

DEBUG mode doesn't change operation much. Timing of things may be different,
due to all that extra stuff the compiler dumps into the executable. In my
experience, slower operation seems to create fewer problems, not more.
Otherwise, essentially,  DEBUG mode just displays messages (as part of that, it
changes the type of mutex in use to one which reports bad behviour).