Re: new pre-release available

  • From: Charles A Edwards <eslrahc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:49:30 -0400

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:11:36 +1100
tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > I've now removed all known glitches from libgimpthumb, and have
> > constructed a static version of the revised library for the
> > thumbnails plugin to link to. The plugin can still be built to use
> > the updated shared library, and if anyone wants to install that,
> > please let me know. A few other changes are also logged at
> > http://emelfm2.net/wiki/ChangeLog.
>
> I forgot to mention: the static library almost certainly requires
> glib >= 2.16. I should provide (a bigger) one suitable for 2.6. It's
> just a different configuration parameter to do so. Also, cached
> thumbnail data goes into ~/.local/share/thumbnails (as per XDG base
> dirs spec) instead of ~/.thumbnails (as per the older FDO thumbnails
> spec).

Even setting STATIC_THUMBLIB=1 the thumb plugin build fails for me.
The primary error is the same for all your included libgimpthumb files.

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file
`plugins/optional/libgimpthumb.a(gimpthumb-connection.o)' is
incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

there then follows a host of undefined reference errors till the build
itself fails.

BTW were did you get these files?
Neither gimpthumb-connection.h nor libgimpthumbsafe, in any
incarnation, are included in gimp-2.6.7 or even gimp-2.7.0.

    Charles

--
Chance is perhaps the work of God when He did not want to sign.
                -- Anatole France