[elky] Re: Crash!

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:21:14 -0700

as long as nobody was hurt.  It's a PITA to go through, but it will pass.

sorry it happened though.

Mary
It was Grandma, taking her grandson to his baseball game. She was in a hurry and didn't see me stopped... (maybe I need a 3rd tail light).

She had her daughter come pick up the grandson, but when they tried to leave the officer announced through his loudspeaker that the occupant could not leave until he was finished with the process. Grandma received a citation for following too closely. (I have learned that sometimes it is best to slow down to get things done quickly.)

Weather: clear, time 6PM, she was driving a Honda Accord. Her bumper cover received minor damage. Her hood had dents from a previous incident...

While I was waiting to turn in my wife and boys turned in coming the opposite direction in the G35, then it happened. My oldest was upset thinking I got hurt.

The crazy part is Grandma wanted me to just let it slide... she thought my bumper could just be "pulled out". I'd like Grandma to work in a body shop for a few months...

...and, at another time in my life it might have been a bummer, but I'm mellowing... it could have been worse (it wasn't an 18 wheeler!). The damage is minimal. I would have been aggravated if it was any of the other cars. The El Camino paint is rough, there are rust spots popping up all over, the drivers door is full of bondo (I have a spare) and the tailgate has bondo cracking off AND had a giant limb fall on it (I have a spare tailgate too).

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 9:08 AM, <STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx <mailto:STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Bummer, never a good time for that. was (she) on a cell phone?
    Putting on makeup? Are you OK? Weather conditions? Wet?
    what was (she) driving?
    Smokey Mt Frank
    In a message dated 10/3/2011 9:01:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
    chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

        "Vehicles 1 and 2 were traveling south on (Main) Road
        approaching it`s intersection with
        (Neighborhood) Drive. Vehicle 2 stopped in preparation for
        turning left onto (Neighborhood)
        Drive, waiting on oncoming (northbound) traffic. Vehicle 1 was
        not able to stop in time,
        and struck the rear of vehicle 2 after swerving to the right
        in an attempt to avoid
        impact.
        Driver 2 stated that he was waiting on oncoming traffic to
        pass so he could make a left
        turn onto (Neighborhood) Drive when his vehicle was struck in
        the rear.
        Driver 1 stated that she did not see that vehicle 2 had
        stopped in time. She said that
        she attempted to stop in time, and tried to swerve to avoid
        striking vehicle 2, but she
        was not able to do so in time."