[elky] Re: Crash!

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:53:24 -0400

This is what it looked like when I got it:
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/c/l/clindh/elk4.jpg  It had a cheap-o
paint job at some point.

You've heard of a 20 footer?  The '80 is more of a 50 footer.  The tail gate
and drivers door have bondo cracking, and there is a fair amount of rust
popping up all over.

I look at nice paint as a liability.  My Malibu had nice paint and it was
stolen.  The '80 may be going more race and less street.  I've been thinking
about a flat dark blue color, something I could easily touch up if
necessary.  The worry with a flat paint is it is attracts mildew, which
grows here due to the shade and humidity.  It would be nice to remove all
the chrome trim...

I called the insurance company and they are going to cut me a check for
$583.30.  I know a professional repair would cost more, and the claims
person said if more damage is found they will have to reassess it then...
but I don't know that I want the hassle.

I offered Grandma the cash option, I bet she wishes she had taken it now!