[elky] Re: A little work on the Burb

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:25:56 -0400

Ha!  My rental car looked rough after being on the flats.  It was covered in
salt both inside and out.  I did spray off the outside at a coin car wash in
SLC (GPS in my phone is a lifesaver).  Bob told me a good idea for the
future: turn the floor mats over, so the rubber side collects the salt and
you can dump them out before you turn it in (although the airport rental
places don't seem to care what shape the car is in when returned, which is
the opposite of the free standing rental locations).

Also, the salt is not smooth like glass, it has lots of little craters.  I
drove full speed over the surface... it's a rental!  One of the many reasons
to never purchase a rental car, no matter how good the price...