[elky] Re: Crash!

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 08:35:31 -0500

Sorry to hear about this Chris!!! I borrowed a Saab 900 convertible that
belonged to my boss,

            Enjoy the Saab while you can they are a dead breed. Bankrupcy
and they haven't built any cars in several months. GM bought them to
dismantle it and keep the good parts then sold it off and now it's dead but
just won't admit it's over.

just long enough to meet Cindy and Nate when he was buying a car (we were
short a car at the time, and Cindy had dropped me at work). I was waiting to
turn left, and this little old lady just did not stop. I could see it coming
too. Didn't make her hit me any softer. I was at a ddead stop. Couldn't do a
thing. It's the insurance hassle that is worse than anything. No one was
hurt.
THIRD BRAKE LIGHT is a must on our style cars. The bumper is really low, and
the lights are small and dim. This is the one I
have<http://www.jcwhitney.com/mini-led-brake-light/taillight/clearance/p2003590.jcwx>.
Robert has more LED's in his light bar. It is worth the $20.

                Mine was a Harbor freight $5 special. I don't think they
have them anymore though.

I HAVE been hit by a semi in mine. It was a less than 5 mph hit. His foot
was off the brake at a stop, and he didn't realize he was rolling. He hit me
so square it didn't do a thing. I had the stock bumper at the time.

Good luck with all the insurance hassle.
JC

                           I have seen quite a few accidents caused by
standards. People like to roll back and forth at a light and they run into
the car behind them. Another reason to get rid of them. Wouldn't surprise me
if the insurance companies lobby the car industry to get rid of them.