[dokuwiki] Re: Proposals for a cleanup on the splitbrain wiki

  • From: Sebastian Menge <sebastian.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 12:49:11 +0200

Hi all

Am Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:59:11 +0200
schrieb "Andreas Gohr" <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> plans are to do the big reorganization next weekend.

Some small points:

Are there any tools (plugins) that show orphaned pages, pages with dead
links, etc? (Just like MediaWikis "special" namespace.) Could be handy
while the reorganization takes place.

Concerning plugins: How will the development stuff be seperated from
user stuff? Are there guidelines for that? The most logical thing would
be to keep small plugins under "plugin:" and give bigger plugins a
seperate page under "devel:" !?

To get more hands, one could invite all plugin-developers/
wiki-contributors directly to fix their own pages. I guess not all are
on this list. Then again one would need good guidelines, so they know
what to do.

With the Vim Tips Wiki ( http://vim.wikia.org ) (a quite similar task,
reorganization of a _big_ knowledge base) we made extensive use of
  * "boilerplates" to mark pages and
  * written guidelines/policies for contributors.
It was a bit overdone, but in the end it was quite successful. Might be
worth to think about for dw-reorganization too.

My 2 cents,

Sebastian.