[softwarelist] Re: Transloaders

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:18:52 +0100

Martin Wuerthner wrote:

In message <85fae8324e.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In message <4e32e58343dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <4485C950.5090600@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
This indicates that RO 5.03 had no PNG support, unlike RiscOS 4 select.
I'm not aware that PNG support has been provided in subsequent versions
of RO5. Does this perhaps explain why neither of us has had any joy with
PNG files and OP/CFSI?

[snip]

ChangeFSI on the Iyonix does not handle PNGs - big deal, there are other programs out there that can handle it and it would be fairly trivial to create a TransPNG TransLoader that used spr2png instead.

... which would add to the functionality of RO5.

So, would you be willing to write the TransLoader? I would certainly be willing to contribute to the cost.
--
Clive Bonsall
C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx