[softwarelist] Re: Sprinter

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:04:46 +0000

In message <4f44160a4aphilco@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Phil <philco@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes

converted TIFF images (to JPEGS) from ArcFax along with other means.

<shudder> because the TIFF in ArcFax is probably as compact as can be, moving to JPEG you will lose some data (it will look bad in other words) and probably expand the file size significantly. If the recipients don't have TIFF reading capabilities then GIF or PNG would be better.

trying Sprinter, I hope there is a way round the above problem, and
someone can point me in some direction to cure the boot up error.

The obvious idea, is select another printer driver and then save printer choices. So that SPrinter is not the default driver on boot.