[softwarelist] Re: Sprinter

  • From: Phil <philco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:29:43 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks for the reply David.

On 19 Nov, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4f44160a4aphilco@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Phil <philco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes
> >converted TIFF images (to JPEGS) from ArcFax along with other means.

> <shudder> because the TIFF in ArcFax is probably as compact as can be,
> moving to JPEG you will lose some data (it will look bad in other
> words) and probably expand the file size significantly. If the
> recipients don't have TIFF reading capabilities then GIF or PNG would
> be better.

To be honest, I once sent a TIFF file as a copy of a FAX (from ArcFax) to
save faxing it, and it worried one recipient as they didn't realise that
their PC would actually open the file. I think they are more 'savy' now
so maybe I'll try sending in an alternate format but as quality wasn't
really the issue I stuck with saving out the TIFF as JPEG. The frequency
of sending in this manner is actually quite low, maybe twice a month.

The bottom line in using Sprinter is that I now don't have to run ArcFax
(though the driver is always loaded), and I can of course save the
Sprinter Sprite (and multisheets at that) and load and save them out as
JPEGS or using 'that there scanning application' save them in other
formats.

> >trying Sprinter, I hope there is a way round the above problem, and
> >someone can point me in some direction to cure the boot up error.

> The obvious idea, is select another printer driver and then save
> printer choices. So that SPrinter is not the default driver on boot.

Well actually its not set as the default printer.

Thanks

Phil

--

philco@xxxxxxxxxxx