[softwarelist] Re: RTF Filter at the end of the Universe (RISC OS 32 bit)

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:55:39 +0000 (GMT)

In article <1169117015.5545.2.camel@localhost>,
   Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 10:25 +0000, John M Ward wrote:
> [snip]
> > That's a fault with Oregano 2's downloading -- something I haven't
> > solved, but can work around.  The first attempt to save works only
> > by clicking "Save" whereupon Oregano saves it somewhere of its own
> > choosing (I can't usually find where this is!).
>
> Strange, I thought that software "choosing" to do something different
> to what the user requires was supposed to be a Microsoft trait!  :o)

It just goes to show how poorly-ported Oregano was from its original
platform which /did/ require it to behave in that way.  It is a bug --
something of which you might have heard.

> Oh well. Another illusion shattered.

Only if you fail to understand the reason for this oddity.

Meanwhile, let's hope that Ralph can now save the downloaded file where
he wants.

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!