[softwarelist] Re: RTF Filter at the end of the Universe (RISC OS 32 bit)

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:07:10 +0000

Chris Johnson wrote:
In article <45AA4C5D.303@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

But why do I have to put Clib into PreDesk. Why isn't it being
picked up direct from !System.310 ?

!System.310.Modules *is* the correct place for the SharedCLib.

What you could try doing is to insert the following two lines of code
into the !TransRTF.!Run file (note lines 2 and 3 below are actually
*one* line.

RMEnsure SharedCLibrary 5.17 RMLoad System:Modules.CLib
RMEnsure SharedCLibrary 5.34 Error Application requires
SharedCLibrary 5.34 or later

If I substitute 5.33 for 5.34 in the above, then that seems to work (I'm using VRPC). So, many thanks for that tip.

Just to check that this is working as it should ... to load an RTF file into OP you drop it onto the iconbar OP icon, not into an OP document window (which doesn't work). Is that correct?
--
C.B.