[softwarelist] Re: RTF Filter at the end of the Universe (RISC OS 32 bit)

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:34:59 GMT

On 18 Jan 2007  ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In message <25c606a74e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 17 Jan 2007  R J Wingate <raywingate@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Attempt at download (Oregano 2 on Iyo) gives a 'Error....file is read
>>> only error' and does not save!
>>
>> I think that's because you're trying to save it to a place where
>> another version of the same file has been saved to.
>>

> It won't save at all here, even into an empty directory, but I get no
> error message, no indication of why there is a problem at all.

Ah, yes, I get that sometimes too. The answer seems to be not to drag
the save box but just to click "save", and it then saves in the root
directory. A nuisance, but at least you can shift-drag it into the
right place after it's saved. A "feature" of O2, I think.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.