[softwarelist] Re: RTF Filter at the end of the Universe (RISC OS 32 bit)

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:20:41 +0000

Chris Johnson wrote:
In article <45AA091E.50304@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

That works. But I still have the "Shared C library out of date"
problem.

The SharedCLib problem is due either to an old version being
softloaded from somewhere early in boot (the CLib can only be
softloaded once), or an app that requires the later version not
checking and loading it correctly.

Hmmm ... well, I have removed all the files from within !System.Modules (to a place where they cannot be soft loaded), leaving only Clib 5.53 in !System.310. Modules. Running a search with !Locate suggests that is the only Clib available.

David Pilling's new RTF loader is the app that generates the error message (I haven't tried other loaders). But since no one else has reported a problem with this, I assume the cause must lie elsewhere.
--
C.B.