[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RO 6.06

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:47:38 GMT

On 15 Feb, Dave Symes wrote in message
  <4f71a5b18adfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Ov Pro version: 2.77 5th Jan 2008  SARPC. Select RO 6.06
>
> Since update the OS to 6.06 a while back, I've had a little problem with
> OvPro and the !Clipbrds Applet. I have 4 clipboards... I shall use three
> for the illo.
>
> So I hilight text "Number 1" and using the "Clipboards" window I click
> [Copy] to the no 1 clipboard. (Clicking the View button shows it does
> indeed contains "Number 1")
>
> I hilight text "Number 2" and using the "Clipboards" window I click
> {Copy] to the no 2 clipboard.  (Clicking the View button shows it does
> indeed contains "Number 2")
>
> I hilight text "Number 2" and using the "Clipboards" window I click
> {Copy] to the no 2 clipboard.  (Clicking the View button shows it does
> indeed contains "Number 3")
>
> If I now click the no 2 clipboard radio button to select it, then do a
> [Paste]
>
> I get the text from number 3 (the last copied item) pasted at the caret
> instead of the contents of 2 which still show "Number 2"
>
> The same applies if I select number 1s radio button and do a [Paste] I
> still get the text from number 3.
>
> This applies whatever order it's done in, as the last thing copied to
> the clipboard is the only thing pasted.
>
> Has anyone else on 6.06 noticed this?

It applies to Select versions with the Clipboard Holder, too.

The only fix that I can think of is to turn off "Global clipboard" in the
General tab of O-Pro's choices.  This will stop inter-application cut and
pastes with O-Pro, but allows the applet to work again.  You can obviously
turn this option back on again if you don't need multiple clipboards.

See my other (much longer) post for an explanation of why this works...
(this is just in case you don't read to the end of that, and hence miss
this bit of info).

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/