[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RO 6.06

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:16:11 GMT

On 15 Feb, David Pilling wrote in message
  <4Al05jBVagtHFwIz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> In message <4f71a5b18adfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes
>
> > This applies whatever order it's done in, as the last thing copied to
> > the clipboard is the only thing pasted.
> >
> > Has anyone else on 6.06 noticed this?
>
> I presume you also have global clipboard support ticked in OP choices?
> In other words if you turn it off, do things work?
>
> I wonder if 6.06 has some sort of clip board application built in.

It's got the clipboard holder, which does something along the lines of
take cut/copied items off the hands of the originating application and
then supply them in response to pastes.  I've never found a definitive
explanation of exactly what it does -- but ISTR that when it came out, it
broke ClipMan, which does a similar task to Dave's utility.

I /think/ the problem is that multi-clipboard utilities are, by
definition, trying to pull the same stunt as the clipboard holder.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/