[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RO 6.06

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:51:21 +0100

In message <2089bb714f.Jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Tytgat <John.Tytgat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <1357b7714f.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

>> It's got the clipboard holder, which does something along the lines of
>> take cut/copied items off the hands of the originating application and
>> then supply them in response to pastes.  I've never found a definitive
>> explanation of exactly what it does -- but ISTR that when it came out, it
>> broke ClipMan, which does a similar task to Dave's utility.

> More info:
>   http://developer.riscos.com/registered/Documents/Clipboard/clipboard.html

> BTW you can use Google for this.  'site:riscos.com clipboard' gave that
> link and several other ones.

Thanks, but that document does not even mention ClipboardHolder nor
does it shed any light on what it does. One of the other links gives
at least a little glimpse:
http://select.riscos.com/prm/desktop/clipboardholder.html
It lists two SWIs provided by ClipboardHolder that applications can
use to directly copy/paste files to/from the clipboard.

Martin