[softwarelist] OvPro and RO 6.06

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 05:52:01 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4Al05jBVagtHFwIz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4f71a5b18adfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes
> >This applies whatever order it's done in, as the last thing copied to
> >the clipboard is the only thing pasted.
> >
> >Has anyone else on 6.06 noticed this?

> I presume you also have global clipboard support ticked in OP choices?
> In other words if you turn it off, do things work?

> I wonder if 6.06 has some sort of clip board application built in. The
> last changes to OP for RISC OS were concerned with supporting some small
> clipboard applications - these used the clipboard protocol in innovative
> ways, in addition I spotted some bugs in OP's clipboard support.

It does seem to be some sort of clash between Clipboardholder and the
OvPro multi clipboards.

If I switch off global clipboard support in OP choices, then the multi
clipboards work correctly.

I now remember recent version of Select and the global clip thing have
broken a number of clipboard uses...
Pluto for example... Writable icons,  you'd get a double pasting.
(The Flying Pig created a NoPaste module to sort that one out).

Dave S