[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RO 6.06

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:49:11 GMT

On 16 Feb, John Tytgat wrote in message
  <01f80a724f.Jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> In message <2dc206724f.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
>
> > So, as I originally said, John, I'd like to see a full functional
> > description of what the Clipboard Holder does, how it does it, and why
> > it does it that way -- if only to be able to accept that there is a
> > good reason for breaking things like this.  Your links (and Google),
> > don't help.
>
> I'm sorry if you feel like that.  I didn't know what you've already knew
> or did so far (you didn't give any specifics) so don't feel touchy if I
> suggested something very obvious to you.  It could have at least helped
> others.  Martin gave indeed a better reference than I did.
>
> I'm not sure what I did wrong, except perhaps for not giving you the
> perfect answer, in order to get such a personal targeted and hostile
> reply.

Sorry, I mis-read your original reply as simply being an unhelpful (and
self-righteous) "just use Google -- all the information is out there" type
of response, since it was pointing me to documentation that I was already
aware of and which didn't answer my question.

If that wasn't what you intended, then I can only apologise for my
response -- particularly if my original post was unclear as to what info I
was after.  It just goes to show the dangers of jumping to conclusions
when reading mailing lists or newsgroups (even though I did wait several
hours before actually sending my reply, which is the usual advice).

Incidentally, the document you mentioned /is/ interesting, if only for
what is omitted.  I notice near the end:

"Acceptance test

"Changes to the clipboard protocol should not affect current (or future)
clipboard applications. [...]

"Test strategy

"This section has not been written."

:-(