[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro Insert Page

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 10:08:47 +0100

In message <a3ac770454.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7 May 2014  charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In article <54042fe700dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Problem, problems, nuffink but problems...

>>> I have an OvPro document that has a number of chapters, I have some
>>> additional data that needs to be inserted into chapter 16 between pages 6
>>> and 7 of that chapter.

>>> Menu - Page - Insert page.
>>> In the dialogue I set 1 page and After Page 16.6
>>> Click [OK]

>>> I do not get a new blank page into which I can insert the new data.

>>> What?
>>> Why?
>>> How do I get the new page created to put the additional stuff in?

>>> Don't suggest many returns as the following pages contain graphics.

>>> I've also tried the same process with the active caret in page 16.7 and a
>>> setting of Before Page 16.7 but that didn't work either.

>>> Dave

>> Look at: menu > Misc > preferences.   Is auto page delete ticked?

>> If so, untick it.

> That's yet another thing I never knew. Does it apply only to that
> document, or is it a global thing? Are there any reasons why not
> ticking it could be a bad thing?

Take the situation where you are creating a one-page letter. You find
the text has overflowed to a second page. You adjust the text so it
will fit.

With "auto page delete" the empty second page disappears. Without it,
the second page remains. Why is this a problem? If you click print and
forget to specify just one page, you get an extra sheet of blank
paper. Not much of a problem, until you are printing 100 copies,
collated.

Alan

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire