[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro Insert Page

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 10:24:32 +0100

In message <540503478fdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08 May, dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> [Snip]

<snip>

> Go to the document and copy graphic frame to clipboard. (I've checked, it
> is on the clipboard).
> Click caret in the middle of some text in the edit document and do
> Menu-Edit-Embed object.

> It doesn't...
> Instead it creates a new page below the page in which it should be
> embedded, and that page has no caret but does have an overflow arrow on
> the bottom.

> f8 back to the beginning of this last bit.
> Instead I shall just create a frame in the edit document, copy to the
> clipboard, then embed that.

> Doesn't work, same things happens, even though there's plenty of space on
> the page, it just creates an new empty page with an overflow arrow.
> Neither the first attempt graphic, not the second attempt frame only are
> visible anywhere in the document.

> I have no idea what's going on, but something doesn't work.

> Yesterdays thought of dumping the lot and going to the beach sound even
> better today.  :-(

> Dave

Is the graphic a Draw file? I ask, because sometimes the bounding box
of a draw file is much bigger than the space needed to enclose the
objects, or there is a tiny object way outside the wanted area causing
a large bounding box.

The symptoms you are describing are like those when a graphic doesn't
fit the remaining space. The blank with overflow arrow is when the
graphic is too big to fit on a page on its own.

Rectifying a Draw bounding box is usually a case of loading into Draw,
making a trivial change, and re-saving. (The change can be add, then
delete an object.)

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx