[softwarelist] Ov Pro Insert Page

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 09:38:58 +0100

On 08 May, dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[Snip]

> Later when I've finished some other work (Yes I know I'm retired, but
> there just arn't enough hours...) I'm going to start a test document from
> scratch, and try out some of these things that won't work on my big old
> document.

> I'm also going to 'speriment with embedded graphics, as the last time I
> tried that out I was not happy with the lack of finesse using it... and
> the difficulty of getting the sodding things to embed in the first place.

> I will return when I've had a go... No doubt I will have some questions.
> ;-)

> Dave

Lets forget about inserting pages, even with a new document, sometimes it
works and sometimes not, anyway I'm past that, and now to embedded things.

Since the weekend I've wasted around two day worth of working time trying
to sort this stuff out, so I thought I'd again try the embedded graphics
method.

I have open two copies side by side of my document of many chapters
(That's two copies not two views).

One copy I shall use to reconstruct a chapter, the other I shall use to
Copy graphics to the clipboard to embed in the first.

Deleted the chapter in question (16), created a new chapter in its place
and off we go.

Enter the first block of text.
Now Copy first graphic frame to Clipboard, go to editing document and do
Menu-Edit-Embed object and it obligingly embeds.

Continue writing in the data that accompanies the second graphic.
There's plenty of room left here for the small graphic to be embedded.

Go to the document and copy graphic frame to clipboard. (I've checked, it
is on the clipboard).
Click caret in the middle of some text in the edit document and do
Menu-Edit-Embed object.

It doesn't...
Instead it creates a new page below the page in which it should be
embedded, and that page has no caret but does have an overflow arrow on
the bottom.

f8 back to the beginning of this last bit.
Instead I shall just create a frame in the edit document, copy to the
clipboard, then embed that.

Doesn't work, same things happens, even though there's plenty of space on
the page, it just creates an new empty page with an overflow arrow.
Neither the first attempt graphic, not the second attempt frame only are
visible anywhere in the document.

I have no idea what's going on, but something doesn't work.

Yesterdays thought of dumping the lot and going to the beach sound even
better today.  :-(

Dave

--

Dave Triffid