[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro Insert Page

  • From: Jhr JMAH van Vredenburch <janvredenburch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 15:21:14 +0200

In message <5404430ec3charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <54042fe700dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Problem, problems, nuffink but problems...

A. The real problem is what do you want to do?

>> I have an OvPro document that has a number of chapters, I have some
>> additional data that needs to be inserted into chapter 16 between
>> pages 6 and 7 of that chapter.

B. Then decide what kind of a document you start with:
  B1. A document with some added picture frames
 or
  B2. A document containing many pictures closely related to the
surrounding text.

Case B1
  Indeed, as has been stated, simply place the caret where you want to
insert text and start typing. When finished you will eventually have
to reposition the few picture frames manually within your text.

Case B2
  And this is the system I also use for memoires and travel tales
having hundred of pages of text and countless photographs and/or
pictures. In this case you need to **imbed** the picture in your text.
That is you drag the picture into the text. Now whenever you start
typing text somewhere else all the text **and** all the imbedded
pictures will automatically reflow.
  Yes, I agree, the layout may not be as you want. But you can always
resize the pictures, Yes, you can even add a frame to it. If you want
some text to be attached to a specific picture, use Draw. And in Draw
you can add that text and even precise the layout of picture in
relation to the added text which is 'grouped' to the picture. Which
you import as one into the text line. (Select the font to match your
OvPro document.)

Personally I always add a <Space> between which makes handling of a
picture easier e.g.:
   text I typed <Space><picture><Space> and some more text
  This way you can always add (or delete) text without too many
problems and hours of work.
  In some cases you may need to resize the embedded pictures.

[snip the rest]

No complicated fiddling with "Insert Page", it all goes automatically.

--
Greetings,
JohnvV

---
Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast!
Antivirus-bescherming actief is.