[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro Insert Page

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 06:18:42 +0100

In article <536D5748.3090102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> If you have a frame that is 10 inches wide with a 1 inch inset (giving a
> maximum width of 8 inches), you can't embed into it a frame which is 10
> inches wide (or bigger than 8 inches).

> You get the overflow arrow when embedding because what you're embedding
> is too big to fit.

> The idea about graphics outside of frames is a good one, for such
> graphics a frame is generated automatically and it can be too big.

> But if you're dealing with frames, it is the size you create them
> against the size of the text flow you embed them into.

> By default frames have a 1 mm inset (text inside can't get within 1 mm
> of the edge).

> A bit like insert page, a logical trap.

Actually that 1mm inset isn't, it's 2mm as we lose 1mm each side. :-)~ a
trap easily fallen into when resizing something...

As was happening to me...
There is no warning that anything untoward is happening, in one case, the
slightly large graphic (1mm) embedded, overflowed and vanished, taking
with it all the other correctly embedded graphics in that chapter.

Okay an f8 will back out of the problem, but unless you knew what was
happening... Obviously I did not, it looks like a big disaster happening
to the document.

Anyway, it appears I'm now sorted, so thanks to all who have popped in
with suggestions.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid