[cryptome] Re: Interference with Equipment: Code of Practice

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:39:32 +0000

Hi Peter P.,
Such a touching and most deep enlightening critique, a mixed blessing indeed, from one himself who is a master of the written word, and so intuitive to my enconiums., idiosyncracies and predelictions.

I was beginning to wonder...with all those colleauges using my postings to gain information on how to unsubscribe...if it was something I had said...
ATB,
Dougie.

On 17/02/15 15:27, Peter Presland wrote:
My Dear Dougie

I read many of your posts among the torrent of (dis)information I
endeavour to make sense of every day.

I find them by turns endearing, irritating (as in your insistence on
using a strange dialect when rendering the word 'nothing'), hilarious,
informative, inspirational even, and maddening - all rolled into one.

But I have to say that this little parable/analogue, whatever, is a real
gem. And that from someone who errs on the side of pessimism, if only
because he does so enjoy pleasant surprises.

PeterP

On 17/02/2015 12:04, doug wrote:
My Dear Shaun,

Cynicism is the last resort of the Idealist...:-) .  One should get up
every morning and treat the world like a new day, be positive, accept
that mishaps are going to happen, expect them and deal with them
accordingly.  After all it is not every day that Nero's Praetorian Guard
comes soliciting ones suicide...
see url:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_the_Younger

On 16/02/15 21:22, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
Doug, with this shower of wotsits there's only two things that gives
you rights

1) the ability to lie and squirm like a politician.
2) loads and loads and LOADS of wanga  so you can bribe everyone to
keep their mouths shut and buy yourself out of countless prosecution
attempts.

ATB

Shaun,
On 16/02/2015 19:27, doug wrote:
see url:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/401863/Draft_Equipment_Interference_Code_of_Practice.pdf
or tiny url: *http://tinyurl.com/m33mlkr*

New Draft Code of Practice...up for discussion...

UK government doesn't just have the legal right to monitor or surveil
internet, digital, computer equipment etc, it is allowed to interfere
with it as well, within the appropriate law of course, the law of
proportionality or with a warrant...Acting within this law, if the
security bodies fucks up your equipment, they ain't liable under
criminal or civil legislation or the common law...Not bad eh!
Absolute government rights for them, relative rights for you...

"It was GCHQ, or SIS, or The Security Service wot fucked up my
computer...I think...., now it is slow, it crashes and takes me to
websites where I don't want to go..."

  "Get on yer bike... Nuffink to do wif us, and even if it was, you
ain't got no rights of redress or compensation".
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda