[cryptome] Re: Interference with Equipment: Code of Practice

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:04:25 +0000

My Dear Shaun,

Cynicism is the last resort of the Idealist...:-) . One should get up every morning and treat the world like a new day, be positive, accept that mishaps are going to happen, expect them and deal with them accordingly. After all it is not every day that Nero's Praetorian Guard comes soliciting ones suicide...
see url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_the_Younger

On 16/02/15 21:22, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
Doug, with this shower of wotsits there's only two things that gives you rights

1) the ability to lie and squirm like a politician.
2) loads and loads and LOADS of wanga so you can bribe everyone to keep their mouths shut and buy yourself out of countless prosecution attempts.

ATB

Shaun,
On 16/02/2015 19:27, doug wrote:
see url: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/401863/Draft_Equipment_Interference_Code_of_Practice.pdf
or tiny url: *http://tinyurl.com/m33mlkr*

New Draft Code of Practice...up for discussion...

UK government doesn't just have the legal right to monitor or surveil internet, digital, computer equipment etc, it is allowed to interfere with it as well, within the appropriate law of course, the law of proportionality or with a warrant...Acting within this law, if the security bodies fucks up your equipment, they ain't liable under criminal or civil legislation or the common law...Not bad eh! Absolute government rights for them, relative rights for you...

"It was GCHQ, or SIS, or The Security Service wot fucked up my computer...I think...., now it is slow, it crashes and takes me to websites where I don't want to go..."

"Get on yer bike... Nuffink to do wif us, and even if it was, you ain't got no rights of redress or compensation".

*_PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT - NOT A CONCESSION _* https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda