[cryptome] Re: Interference with Equipment: Code of Practice

  • From: Peter Presland <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 15:27:53 +0000

My Dear Dougie

I read many of your posts among the torrent of (dis)information I
endeavour to make sense of every day.

I find them by turns endearing, irritating (as in your insistence on
using a strange dialect when rendering the word 'nothing'), hilarious,
informative, inspirational even, and maddening - all rolled into one.

But I have to say that this little parable/analogue, whatever, is a real
gem. And that from someone who errs on the side of pessimism, if only
because he does so enjoy pleasant surprises.

PeterP

On 17/02/2015 12:04, doug wrote:
> My Dear Shaun,
>
> Cynicism is the last resort of the Idealist...:-) .  One should get up
> every morning and treat the world like a new day, be positive, accept
> that mishaps are going to happen, expect them and deal with them
> accordingly.  After all it is not every day that Nero's Praetorian Guard
> comes soliciting ones suicide...
> see url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_the_Younger
> ATB
> Dougie.
>
> On 16/02/15 21:22, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
>> Doug, with this shower of wotsits there's only two things that gives
>> you rights
>>
>> 1) the ability to lie and squirm like a politician.
>> 2) loads and loads and LOADS of wanga  so you can bribe everyone to
>> keep their mouths shut and buy yourself out of countless prosecution
>> attempts.
>>
>> ATB
>>
>> Shaun,
>> On 16/02/2015 19:27, doug wrote:
>>> see url:
>>> https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/401863/Draft_Equipment_Interference_Code_of_Practice.pdf
>>> or tiny url: *http://tinyurl.com/m33mlkr*
>>>
>>> New Draft Code of Practice...up for discussion...
>>>
>>> UK government doesn't just have the legal right to monitor or surveil
>>> internet, digital, computer equipment etc, it is allowed to interfere
>>> with it as well, within the appropriate law of course, the law of
>>> proportionality or with a warrant...Acting within this law, if the
>>> security bodies fucks up your equipment, they ain't liable under
>>> criminal or civil legislation or the common law...Not bad eh!
>>> Absolute government rights for them, relative rights for you...
>>>
>>> "It was GCHQ, or SIS, or The Security Service wot fucked up my
>>> computer...I think...., now it is slow, it crashes and takes me to
>>> websites where I don't want to go..."
>>>
>>>  "Get on yer bike... Nuffink to do wif us, and even if it was, you
>>> ain't got no rights of redress or compensation".
>>> ATB
>>> Dougie.
>>> ATB