[cryptome] Re: Cryptome: Error 403

  • From: Neal Lamb <nl1816a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 13:14:10 -0700 (PDT)

403: Forbidden
This error message is generated when the web server is trying to access a file
that does not exist or has been configured incorrectly

Troubleshooting suggestions:
Ensure that you have a valid home page defined in your website
directory (example: /htdocs/index.html, /htdocs/index.php). On Unix,
this is case sensitive and must be all lower case.
In your Account Manager, under Hosting Tools, click to .Reset File
Permissions..

On Monday, June 9, 2014 3:06 PM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear John Young & Colleagues,
Anyone know why I keep getting error 403 when I visit the cryptome
      website?
ATB
Douglas Rankine.

On 09/06/14 20:51, Jarrod B wrote:

So is this why I'm getting a 403 message when i go to cryptome .org?

>On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Neal Lamb <nl1816a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>http://ecowatch.com/2014/06/06/china-coal-cap-strand-assets/
>>

>>On Monday, June 9, 2014 11:55 AM, Aftermath <aftermath.thegreat@xxxxxxxxx>
>>wrote:
>>

>>Some one just pointed this out too me:
>>

>>https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/
>>

>>from the website:
>>

>>Project Description
>>VeraCrypt is a free disk encryption software brought to you by IDRIX
>>(http://www.idrix.fr) and that is based on TrueCrypt, freely available at
>>http://www.truecrypt.org/.
>>It adds enhanced security to the algorithms used for system and partitions
>>encryption making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks.
>>
>>For example, when the system partition is encrypted, TrueCrypt uses
>>PBKDF2-RIPEMD160 with 1000 iterations whereas in VeraCrypt we use 327661. And
>>for standard containers and other partitions, TrueCrypt uses at most 2000
>>iterations but VeraCrypt uses 655331 for RIPEMD160 and 500000 iterations for
>>SHA-2 and Whirlpool.
>>
>>This enhanced security adds some delay only to the opening of encrypted
>>partitions without any performance impact to the application use phase. This
>>is acceptable to the legitimate owner but it makes it much more harder for an
>>attacker to gain access to the encrypted data.
>>

>>VeraCrypt storage format is INCOMPATIBLE with TrueCrypt storage format.
>>VeraCrypt storage format is INCOMPATIBLE with TrueCrypt storage format.
>>
>>VeraCrypt storage format is INCOMPATIBLE with TrueCrypt storage format.
>>

>>(repetition is mine to highlight the fact that you cannot open truecrypt
>>volumes with veracrypt)
>>

>>-Afterm4th

>>On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM, <tpb-crypto@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Message du 03/06/14 10:51

                                          the encryption dilemma(did I
                                          spell that
                                          Jury is out on that particular
                                          issue though...

                                          in a perpetual game of cat and
                                          mouse with
                                          business to know everything
                                          about everyone..

The rewards for the spies are too great for this game to end one day.

>>>The game will continue, but
                                        because of these disclosures by
                                        half-2015, the spies will have
                                        to start all over again, at