[cryptome] Re: TrueCrypt compromised

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 08:24:09 +0100

Tor a computer to be truly air gapped the following conditions must be
satisfied.
1) the computer must at no time have been connected to the internet.
2) be devoid of any means of wirelessly connecting to the internet.
3) have full disk encryption by default.
4) be devoid of any monitoring capability( no microphone , no built in
camera.
remember blue tooth is vulnerable so it should not be present either.).
However , since the air gap methodology is now widely known computer
manufacturers are likely to be put under pressure to"net test" their
products prior to dispatch.
in other words, learn to build a computer from scratch or find someone
who can.. ideally someone you can trust implicitly.

I think that satisfies the question as to what an airgappe computer is..