[CTS] Re: Speaking of Linux...

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:13:31 -0500

On Sunday 10 July 2005 02:02 pm, Charles R. Buchanan wrote:
> Because since this is my main computer, I'm always doing something,
> listening to streaming music, playing games (when the video isn't
> jumping and so forth), surfing and what have you. If I download it on
> the that machine directly, it wouldn't interfere with what I have going
> on here.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if you're trying to mount it rather than
burn it, well, you can't install that way, so that'd definitely be the source
of trouble.

> Will do when I get a chance. I even printed this message. Probably have
> fits with that command too no doubt! :-O

Note that that's a pipe in there, not an I.  Other than that, you'll be fine.
dmesg dumps a bunch of boot-time stuff, including hardware detection, and
we're grepping for information on sda, which should be your SATA drive.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: http://www.nerdarium.com
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm