[CTS] Re: Speaking of Linux...

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:28:24 -0700

Charles R. Buchanan wrote:

Which problem are you referring to? lol!!! :-)  The latest is getting
the Windows and Linux boxes to see each other (again)! :-(  For some
reason....

That's what I mean......... everything takes so much time. What seems like it should be a simple task takes forever !
I didn't even mess with the dual boot setup. I had two 40 GB drives in the machine so I just pulled the newest one with Windows and all it's associated files then put Ubuntu on the other drive. I'm too old to fight all this stuff anymore.
I'll spearment with it then back to this machine for normal operation.

Linux is a tool for users quailified in programming. I'm a two-fingered hunt& peck typist so even simple console work takes forever. A simple little syntax error can drive you over the edge of your patience perimeter !

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm