[CTS] Re: Speaking of Linux...

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:08:00 -0700

Thanks for the info Ross! I'm kinda Linux'd out right now. I did however
poke around the ftp sites they listed on the (SUSE) site and of course
trying to even figure those damn things out takes a ph'd as well! I
totally forget what the hell I was planning on doing whenever I got to
the place where I thought I was going, so I just left...... <sigh>

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 19:54:31 -0500, Ross Nelson <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> took time
to say the following:

RN> It's very much free. :)  The packaging, however, isn't.  Also, the
RN> Professional edition has commercial software in it (I believe), so they
RN> charge for that.
RN>
RN> And the look can be achieved with anything.  If I recall correctly, SuSE
RN> uses KDE with a slightly modified theme.  You can get KDE for
RN> anything that
RN> runs X.  :)
RN>
RN> Something to keep your eye out for is a Linux Eval pack from Novell;
RN> I have
RN> SuSE 9.1 Pro or something as well as various other SuSE- and
RN> Novell-branded stuff from Novell, all on three DVDs (bootable SuSE,
RN> others
RN> are all ISOs).  They even pay for shipping.
RN>
RN> I've seen them give it out twice; if I hear about it again (they
RN> tossed an
RN> email to all of us the second time around) and remember, I'll mention it
RN> here.
RN>
RN> Ross

"I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel"

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm