[CTS] Re: Speaking of Linux...

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:02:14 -0700

Because since this is my main computer, I'm always doing something,
listening to streaming music, playing games (when the video isn't
jumping and so forth), surfing and what have you. If I download it on
the that machine directly, it wouldn't interfere with what I have going
on here.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:49:08 -0500, John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> took time
to say the following:

JM> > JM> I meant to ask - why are you trying to mount the iso rather than burn
JM> > it, JM> anyway?
JM> >
JM> > There's no burner on that particular machine.
JM>
JM> ...So why's the ISO there at all?  :)
JM>
JM> > It says that those particular devices down't exist! <shrug>
JM>
JM> Send over the output of `dmesg | grep sda`
JM>
JM> John

Will do when I get a chance. I even printed this message. Probably have
fits with that command too no doubt! :-O

"I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel"

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm