[CoMoDev] Re: PalmSource DevCon

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeff Preston <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:34:12 -0600

The thing that struck me is that in the Star Wars universe they had cracked
strong AI but hadn't yet discovered ultrasonography.  So the robots that repair
severed limbs and deliver babies are no big deal but everyone is surprised to
learn that Padme has delivered twins.

As for software development, once you get to a certain stage don't the machines
take over most of that task as well?  We'll have the Microsoft BotNet Framework
and you'll develop the software you need by dashing off a quick email to an
"instance" of System.Developer.CSharp that lives on Windows BotNet Server.  I'm
sure it will be a great world to live in but I'm not looking forward to version
1.0. ;-)

David