[CoMoDev] Re: PalmSource DevCon

  • From: Michael Cain <mcain6925@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:12:51 -0600

Ah, I know that feeling. I decided that I was working too hard, when I was deeply involved in a bunch of very-low bit rate video compression work, and was at the movies with my wife, and the particular shot involved a view from a helicopter slowly circling and pulling away from a battleship sitting in choppy water. Lots of high contrast edges, lots of small areas that were subtly shaded, and enough 3D motion that essentially all parts of every frame were changed. And thought, "Damn! Am I glad I don't have to compress that sequence!"
Michael Cain

At 10:44 AM 5/31/2005, Jeff wrote:

great report, David...thanks.

Wish I was back in civilization. I must be
working too hard: saw Star Wars yesterday. I had
the following internal dialog inside my head
during the entire movie:

"Wow...look at all that automated technology.
Geez, some poor slob has to program every single
door, building control, vehicle and everything
else!"