[CoMoDev] Re: PalmSource DevCon

  • From: "dick_grier Grier" <dick_grier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:48:05 -0600

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the report.

You asked:

How'd the meeting go last week?
<<

Well, Rachel and I were there!  I guess the proximity to the Holiday weekend
was a turn-off.  It couldn't have been a lack of interest in MEDC, could it?
Oh well.  I can give a very quick rundown at the next meeting.

I do have a great link to an Engineer's view of RFID (my title for the
article).  Go to Tag It! at:
http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?AD=1&ArticleID=10270<http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?AD=1&ArticleID=10270>

I also made contact with WDI in Canada (www.wdi.ca<http://www.wdi.ca/>) who
have some very interesting RFID reader/writers that use SDIO on a Pocket PC
platform (probably Windows Mobile Smartphone, too).  I hope to get a developer
kit soon so that I can show it off.

Dick

Richard Grier (Microsoft MVP - Visual Basic)
Hard & Software
12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO  80228
303-986-2179 (voice)
303-593-9315 (fax)

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th Edition
ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004.For faster service, contact
the publisher at http://www.mabry.com/vbpgser4<http://www.mabry.com/vbpgser4>.