[CoMoDev] Re: PalmSource DevCon

  • From: "dick_grier Grier" <dick_grier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:06:53 -0600

Hi,

These SDIO cards are working on 13 MHz frequency. Make sure you have right
application for that. The company I'm working for is using 915 MHz devices,
because all the apps for Walmart and DOD and the rest suppose to work on that
frequency. Also there are different classes and generations or RFID tags and
readers that don't work with each other.
<<

The article that I pointed to illustrates the various frequency ranges and
techniques.  Near Field Communications (of which RFID is the largest segment)
utilizes quite a variety of "things."

My interest in these cards is educational, not (as of today) practical.  So,
they appeal because of cost.  However, your caution is well taken.  One needs
to understand the environment where they will be applied to make sure that
there is a match.

Dick

Richard Grier (Microsoft MVP - Visual Basic)
Hard & Software
12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO  80228
303-986-2179 (voice)
303-593-9315 (fax)

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th Edition
ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004.For faster service, contact
the publisher at http://www.mabry.com/vbpgser4<http://www.mabry.com/vbpgser4>.