[ciphershed] Re: Rebranding

  • From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:40:19 -0400

I like BitBunker, ToughCrypt, EnCipher, BunkerLock, and maybe something
with the full Enigma in it.  I really have to go pack and such, but when
posting ideas, can we have posters filter out names that:

- Are names of live projects.  Dead projects with no commits on SourceForge
don't count, IMO :-)
- Names that are trademarked
- Names where we don't stand a decent chance of getting the domain.  The
.com and .org should both be available (which is what's wrong with
FreeCrypt - the owner of FreeCrypt.org generously offered it)

I'm really not the right guy to say what names are good.  My first domain
was GeekCrypt :-)  I think if Alain says we should seriously consider
switching to a particular name, I would listen to her.  For now, in my
ignorant opinion, I still like CipherShed.

Bill