[ciphershed] Re: Rebranding

  • From: Karen Palen <karenpalensl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 17:57:04 -0700

Alain,

Sadly I think you are correct - the brand name is ever bit as important as the actual functioning of the software!

Personally I like "CypherVault" better than "CryptoShed" on that basis. I am sure there is a huge amount to come on this issue.

For all the coders want to "just make it work" (been there, done that) these fundamental building blocks need to be done properly!

Mike

On 06/11/2014 05:36 PM, Alain Forget wrote:
I'll think more on this and hopefully throw out some ideas tomorrow, but CryptoVault is
good. Also, to the average person, "TrueCrypt" is a pretty meaningless name,
but some may easily argue it was one of the most successful, usable, trustworthy, and
widely-adopted encryption technologies. So my point is that we don't need to get the name
perfect.

Alain